Penn 515 MAG2
The new Penn 515 MAG2 takes MAG reels to new levels with greater distance,control and Power. On first sight, the 515 looks very much like the old 515 mag reel, but as soon as you get the under the hood, you find that this reel has been given a serious makeover. Pull it apart and the internal mechanism and parts barely resemble the old version. This new and improved reel is sure to take shore casting to the next level.
Penn 515 MAG2 Improvements
So much work has went into the 515 MAG2. For a start, it has a new index magnetic braking system which is precise and gives full control from zero to maximum braking. This gives longer, smoother casts. The Penn 515 MAG2 also has a narrower spool and cage, and it also weighs 408gm. The benefit means that it creates a HUGE NEW LINE CAPACITY OF 247m of 0.36 nylon, so it becomes a contender as a great distance casting reel with 12lbs mono. Couple that with the 6:1 retrieve and the famous Penn Versa Drag, and it will tackle those rough ground stretches with ease. Be it Dabs or Tope, the 515 MAG2 will handle the lot
Technical Specifications of the Penn 515 MAG2
- A forged and machined aluminium spool sits on a 'live' spindle which allows it to 'free float' for reduced drag and increased performance.
- The spool is controlled by the all new patented adjustable magnetic brake which is adjusted by a dial on the left hand sideplate.
- The frame and sideplates are made from lightweight but strong graphite.
- The powerful 6 : 1 retrieve is provided by a large, high strength, marine grade, bronze, main gear which drives the stainless steel pinion gear
- The drag is an all new patented Versa-Drag system which uses HT-100 washers and has a poitive 'click' adjustment for precise control
- 6 shielded stainless steel ball bearings and anti reverse help ensure that everything runs smoothly.
515 Mag 2 Reel by Penn
- Brand: Penn
- Product Code: 515 Mag 2
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £100.00